Name Your Own Scholarship!
Every year gracious donors, dedicated to theatre arts education, grant scholarships for outstanding students participating in the Shuler Awards. Scholarships are traditionally valued between $500-$5,000, but there is no limit on an amount. The GHSMTA Scholarship Committee reviews all applications and selects the recipients. Scholarship winners will be announced during the live nomination announcements on Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB) on March 23, 2023.
To learn how you can change a student's life by donating a scholarship, click here for more information about our Name-Your-Own Shuler Scholarship Initiative!
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications:
- Must attend a participating Shuler high school
- Must have participated as a cast or crew member in his/her high school’s Shuler participating musical
- Must be a graduating senior
- Must intend to major or minor in theater, music, dance, arts administration or fine arts education in college
- Must maintain a “B” average or above in all areas of academic study
- Must actively participate in high school theater activities
- Must attend the Georgia High School Musical Theatre Awards - Shuler Hensley Awards®
The following materials must be uploaded via the Acceptd application:
- High school transcript
- Teacher reference letter
- College/University acceptance letter
- Personal essay
- Question: Why musical theater? Provide a creative look at the applicant’s relationship with musical theater. How has musical theater impacted the applicant’s life? What are the applicant’s plans for future musical theater involvement?
- Theatre Performance Resume
- 1 minute audition video via private YouTube link: send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applying for a Summer Intensive Scholarship, you must submit a 1 minute vocal audition video. Send to email@example.com
To register for a Scholarship:
- Visit https://app.getacceptd.com/shulerawards
- Select the "Scholarship Application" drop down from the right under "Start an Application"
- Click the green button "Apply to Scholarship Application"
- Create a profile & apply!