Every year gracious donors, dedicated to theater arts education, grant scholarships for outstanding students participating in the Shuler Awards®. Scholarships are traditionally valued between $500-$5,000, but there is no limit on an amount. The Shuler Scholarship Committee thoroughly reviews all applications and selects the recipients. Shuler scholarships are awarded during the nomination announcements at the end of March. To learn how you can change a student’s life by donating a scholarship, click here for more information about our Name-Your-Own Shuler Scholarship initiative!
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications:
- Must attend a participating Shuler high school
- Must have participated as a cast or crew member in his/her high school’s Shuler participating musical
- Must be a graduating senior
- Must intend to major or minor in theater, music, dance, arts administration or fine arts education in college
- Must maintain a “B” average or above in all areas of academic study
- Must actively participate in high school theater activities
- Must attend the Georgia High School Musical Theatre Awards – Shuler Hensley Awards®
The following materials must be uploaded via the Acceptd application:
- High school transcript
- Teacher reference letter
- Personal essay answering the question: What are your goals for a future career in theatre? Do you plan to attend college? If so, do you plan to study theatre or something else entirely? Are you more interested in professional development opportunities? How can a scholarship from ArtsBridge Foundation benefit your artistic journey?
- Theatre Résumé
To register for a Scholarship:
- visit https://app.getacceptd.com/shulerawards
- Select the “Scholarship Application” drop down from the right under “Start an Application”
- click the green button “Apply to Scholarship Application”
- Create a profile & Apply!
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THE FIRST 50 APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED