What is the Shuler S.T.A.R. Council?
The Shuler S.T.A.R. Council stands for "Students Take A Role." S.T.A.R. Council students are high-school students who are interested in participating and learning more about the technical and behind-the-scenes production aspects of producing the four-time Southeast Emmy® Award winning Shuler Awards. Selected S.T.A.R Council students will have an opportunity to meet and work with television and theatre production professionals, participate in exclusive production elements of the live televised Shuler Awards ceremony, and other behind-the-scenes opportunities. The goal of the Shuler S.T.A.R. Council is to honor technical theatre students by providing a professional and educational theatre and television production experience.
Each participating musical director may submit up to 2 student nominees: (1) to participate in the S.T.A.R. Council Theatre Production Team, and (1) to participate in the S.T.A.R. Council T.V. Production Team. Nominees will be submitted through Acceptd (Section C). Each nominated student will fill out an application for participation and submit the necessary medical/media release forms. Completion of the application does not guarantee a student's participation. Depending on demand, we may reserve the right to limit the amount of participants.
- Students must be registered in grades 9-12 at the participating Shuler high school.
- Must be participating in a technical theatre position in their high school.
- S.T.A.R. Council members (T.V. and Theatre Production Teams) MUST be available to participate in all the rehearsals during Tech Week (April 17th - 20th, 2023) for the Shuler Awards. There will be NO exceptions to this rule.
- All students must sign and submit the I.D.E.A. Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org acknowledging their agreement to abide and act through their behaviors, attitudes, verbal expressions and actions in a way that is in alignment with the objectives and mission of ArtsBridge Foundation. By signing this agreement, the student realizes that any action that falls outside of these standards and practices may result in their removal (and possibly the removal of the entire school's community) from the GHSMTA-Shuler Hensley Awards®.
- All S.T.A.R. Council Production students (both T.V. and Theatre) MUST meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate an interest in technical theatre - including Lighting, Sound, Costuming, Stage Management, Scenic Design, Carpentry, and Production Management.
- Display leadership, dedication, and a strong work ethic within their visual and performing arts programs.
- Must behave professionally in concurrence with the Actors Equity Association Actors' Etiquette.
Please select students who are available and willing to make the commitment. Rehearsal dates are April 17-20, 2023.