Shuler Student Ensemble
What is the Shuler Student Ensemble?
The Shuler Student Ensemble electrifies the Shuler Awards by opening and closing the show with exceptional talent, representing all participating school casts in the state.
Immediately after nominations are announced, the director will receive a Google form allowing them to select and submit the students who will participate in the Shuler Ensemble. Each school may submit (2) two students who are both singers and dancers from the cast of their Shuler adjudicated musical.
- Students must be registered in grades 9-12 at the participating Shuler high school.
- Must be cast members in their participating high school Shuler adjudicated musical.
- Ensemble students may not have the lead role in their Shuler adjudicated musical (e.g. they not be eligible for the Best Leading Actor or Actress Shuler Award).
- Must be strong singers/dancers with a strong work ethic, good behavior and adherence to the I.D.E.A. Policy
- Ensemble members MUST be available to participate in ALL of the scheduled Ensemble rehearsals. There will be NO exceptions to this rule.
- All students must sign and submit the I.D.E.A. Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org acknowledging their agreement to abide and act with their behaviors, attitude, verbal expressions and actions in a way that is in alignment with the objectives and mission of ArtsBridge Foundation. By signing this agreement, the student realizes that any action that falls outside of these standards and practices may result in their removal (and possible the removal of the entire school's community) from the GHSMTA-Shuler Hensley Awards®.
- Must behave professionally in concurrence with the Actors Equity Association - Actors' Etiquette
Please select students who are available and willing to make the commitment. Rehearsal dates are April 14-20, 2023.