Children’s Christmas Parade
This year, ArtsBridge Foundation and The Shuler Hensley Awards have partnered with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta to present the opening number of the Children's Christmas Parade!
80-100 ArtsBridge Program Students (ages 14- 25) will be cast to perform in the opening number of the Children's Christmas Parade on December 7, 2019. Any theatre student from the state of Georgia is welcome to the auditions on August 24.
The Children’s Christmas Parade is the largest Christmas parade in the Southeast, attracting thousands of spectators each year at the event and more than 500,000 television viewers on WSV-TV Channel 2 (ABC). The parade features Santa and Mrs. Claus, the Distinguished Clown Corps, award-winning high school marching bands, floats, giant helium balloons, animal groups and performance groups. Total parade participants number 2,500, with a special Children's patient serving as parade Marshal each year. The 39th Annual Children’s Christmas Parade will take place in Midtown Atlanta. The route will start at Peachtree Street and 16th Street and continue for one mile, ending at Peachtree Street and 5th Street. The route is easily accessible to spectators by MARTA, with the Midwtown, and Arts Center stations all within walking distance. The event is free and open to the public.
Important Information for the Audition:
- Check-in will take place from 9-945AM. Please be on time as auditions will begin right at 10AM.
- Bring the completed Parade Applicant Form. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must sign the form or you will not be able to participate.
- You can park in the parking deck for free that is connected to the building.
- You should dress in comfortable, athletic clothes and bring a water bottle.
- Once you exit the parking deck, enter the doors to the right of the Box Office and walk to the ballrooms.
- Fill out this form so we know to expect you
- Prepare for the audition on August 24, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre with the following:
- Bring the following signed forms with you on August 24, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Make sure you're able to attend the required rehearsal dates:
- Saturday, September 21 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 (1 - 5 PM)
- Saturday, November 16, 2019 (1 - 5 PM)
- Friday, December 6, 2019 (5 - 9 PM)
- Parade Day: December 7, 2019 (report to the parade at 7 AM)
Please contact Angela Farr Schiller, Director of Arts Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770.916.2808 if any additional information is needed.