Every year gracious donors, dedicated to theater arts education, grant scholarships for outstanding students participating in the Shuler Awards. Scholarships are traditionally valued between $500-$1,000. The Shuler Scholarship Committee thoroughly reviews all applications and selects the recipients. Shuler scholarships are awarded during the nomination announcements at the end of March.
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications:
- Must attend a participating Shuler high school
- Must have participated as a cast or crew member in his/her high school’s Shuler participating musical
- Must be a graduating senior
- Must intend to major or minor in theater, music, dance, arts administration or fine arts education in college
- Must maintain a “B” average or above in all areas of academic study
- Must actively participate in high school theater activities
- Must attend the Georgia High School Musical Theatre Awards - The Shuler Hensley Awards in April
The following materials must be uploaded via the Acceptd application by FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020:
- High school transcript
- Teacher reference letter
- College/University acceptance letter
- Personal essay:
- Question: Why musical theater? Provide a creative look at the applicant’s relationship with musical theater. How has musical theater impacted the applicant’s life? What are the applicant’s plans for future musical theater involvement?
- Theatre Performance Resume
- 1 minute audition video via private YouTube link
- If applying for a Summer Intensive Scholarship, you must submit a 1 minute vocal audition video.
To register for a Scholarship:
- visit https://app.getacceptd.com/shulerawards
- Select the "Scholarship Application" drop down from the right under "Start an Application"
- click the green button "Apply to Scholarship Application"
- Create a profile & Apply!
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THE FIRST 50 APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED