Shuler Student Ensemble
What is the Shuler Student Ensemble?
The Shuler Student Ensemble is the heart of the Georgia High School Musical Theatre Awards - Shuler Hensley Awards. The Ensemble electrifies the Shuler Awards by opening and closing the event with exceptional talent, representing all of the participating school casts throughout the state. Ensemble members obtain professional training and feedback throughout the rehearsal and performance process, while meeting students from across the state who share a love for musical theater performance. The Ensemble reflects the very reason why high school musical theater and arts education programs must be celebrated and supported.
How do I participate in the Shuler Student Ensemble?
Each participating musical director may select two students from their Shuler adjudicated musical cast to participate in the Shuler Student Ensemble.
*We recommend schools send one (1) male and one (1) female representative if possible.
Eligible students must meet the below criteria:
- Registered grade 9-12 student in a participating high school
- Cast member in a participating high school Shuler adjudicated musical
- May not have the lead role in his/her Shuler adjudicated musical (e.g. he/she may not be eligible for the Best Leading Actor or Actress Shuler Award)
- Strong singer and dancer
- Must attend ALL scheduled rehearsals April 13-20, 2018: all day on weekends, after school on weekdays
- Must behave professionally in concurrence with the Actors Equity Association Actors' Etiquette
In order to ensure the success of this program and fairness to dedicated student participants, Ensemble members MUST be available to participate in ALL of the scheduled Ensemble rehearsals. There will be NO exceptions to this rule. Please select students who are available and willing to make the commitment.
Registration for the Shuler Awards Ensemble will begin in spring 2018.